In collaboration with the Golden Horseshoe Food and Farming Alliance (GHFFA) and the Rhizome Institute for the Future of Food, this workshop will provide an opportunity to:
- Meet local farmers/producers, processors, distributors, chefs, buyers/purchasers and other members of the local food system
- Learn about optimizing nutrition in foods, and recipes for use in long term care facilities
- Learn about how to procure more local foods for your organization
- Learn about emerging or niche local food products
- Learn how to get your local food product listed with a group purchasing organization
- Learn how distributors recommend local food products
- Learn about Ontario Beef's marketing strategy to capitalize on locally produced foods
- Meet and network with Greenbelt Fund grantees
- Network with long term care professionals and institutional buyers involved with the GHFFA's Municipal Local Food Procurement project to maximize local food purchases in municipally-operated long term care facilities and cafeterias
- Showcase your local food product as a vendor and provide samples / taste testing to buyers
To showcase your products for this event as a Vendor, please contact Franco Naccarato - firstname.lastname@example.org AND Sagal Dualeh - email@example.com, SUBJECT: Vendor Registration. Last day to register as a vendor is January 5th, 2017. Note: vendors also need to register for the event at the bottom of this page.
NB. Vendor space is limited, please apply early.
You can also download the agenda here.
To register for the event, please fill out the form below. Last day to register for all participants is January 2nd, 2017. Registration is now closed. If you are interested in future workshops hosted by Greenbelt Fund, please sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page.
Please complete the two minute survey which follows the RSVP confirmation. There is no cost to register for this event.
8560 Tremaine Rd
Main Building (Gambrel)
Milton, ON L9T 2X3
Google map and directions