Board of Directors
The Greenbelt Fund is dedicated to enhancing the viability, integrity, and sustainability of agriculture in the Greenbelt and Ontario. Our Board of Directors helps the Fund obtain these goals, ensuring the Fund’s policies, grants, investments, and management, reflect these objectives.
Currently, our Board of Directors consists of eleven members:
- Mary Lou Tanner, Chair, Partner and Principal Planner, Niagara Planning Group
- Dr. David McKeown, Past Chair, Public Health Physician, Associate Chief Medical Officer of Health for the province of Ontario.
- David Oved, Secretary, David Oved Environmental Communications
- Joyce McLean, Treasurer, McLean and Associates
- Mary McGrath, Executive Director, GreenLearning Canada Foundation
- Heather Tay, Principal, Solve Consulting
- Ray Duc, Forrer Farms
- David Lindsay, Chair of the Board of Directors, Infrastructure Ontario
- Danielle Collins, Economic Development Policy Analyst, Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- Franco Naccarato, Executive Director, Meat and Poultry Ontario
- Robert Messervey, Partnership Development, Native Plants in Claremont
The Greenbelt Fund is a grant-making organization. Grant proposals are reviewed by our Fund staff and by an external Advisory Committee.
- Guy Burry, Chairman, Craigellachie Corporation
- Robert Campbell, Former Director – Food and Beverage, Direct Energy Centre
- Donna Dooher, Owner and Executive Chef, Mildred’s Temple Kitchen
- Brian Gilroy, Property Section Chair, Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
- Petra Kassun-Mutch, Founder and President, Eve-Volution Inc.
- Mike von Massow, Associate Professor – Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management, University of Guelph
- Phil Tregunno, Chair, Tender Fruit Growers Board
- Brendan Wylie-Toal, Project Manager and Business Development Officer, My Sustainable Canada
Edward McDonnell, CEO
Edward McDonnell joined the Greenbelt Fund as CEO in October 2017, bringing more than 20 years’ experience as an entrepreneur, public sector executive and senior advisor to a broad range of public sector organizations. View full bio >>