An extension of its Six by Sixteen food literacy project, the Ontario Federation of Agriculture has published a report on food literacy attitude and awareness.
The report focuses on three specific demographics: parents with kids at home, early millennials (age 18-26), and teenagers.
Some thematic findings include:
- Cost and convenience key factors impacting food consumption
- Teens are not involved in family meal planning and preparation
- Teens have limited cooking skills
- Social media and the internet are perceived as credible sources of information
- Limited knowledge of Ontario agriculture and local food production