The first of its kind in North America, now in its third year and first time being offered in Canada, this program is an innovative blend of hands-on, community-based online and on-campus learning to prepare you for managing food hubs. The program provides the tools you need to advance your career in food systems.
- Designed for emergent and established food hub managers
- Goals of the program are to strengthen and accelerate management skills of operational leaders of food hubs and other community based food system organizations
- Multi-disciplined subject matter taught by Food Hub Managers, who are subject matter experts in each discipline
- Taught online with in-person sessions held in Southwestern Ontario – with a plethora of businesses leading the local food movement
- Student selection through a competitive, national application process
- Syllabus includes: Business Formation, Food Hub Fundamentals, Business Planning, Marketing, Sales, Finance HR & Staffing, Risk Management, Food Safety, Product Development and Knowledge, Supply Chain Management, Storage and Warehouse Management, Distribution, Processing, Technology, Value Chain Facilitation
Develop Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Legal Structure, Sources of Capital
- Business Planning and Assessment
- Sales Forecasting, Analysis and Marketing
- Finance and Risk Management
- Food Safety – On Farm, Facility, and FSMA
- Supply and Value Chain Integration
- New Product Development and Processing
- Management of Facilities, Distribution, and Technology
- Human Resources and Stakeholder Management
Who Should Apply?
- Individuals exploring the feasibility of starting or expanding a food hub
- Emerging leaders in organizations advancing the feasibility of regional food systems
- Food Hub practitioners focused on ‘the next ten years’
- Professionals seeking to develop their career in the local and regional food market
2017 Program Fee
It is anticipated that the program fee is $11,500, a deposit of $150 is being asked to express your interest in the course. Deposits are fully refundable until registration officially opens and the price of the course is finalized.