The Greenbelt Fund changes the way we eat food in Ontario. It is thanks to our dedicated staff that we are able to work with businesses, institutions and NGOs to ensure that locally grown food is delivered onto more plates across the province.
Edward McDonnell, CEO
Edward McDonnell joined the Greenbelt Fund as CEO in October 2017, bringing more than 20 years’ experience as an entrepreneur, public sector executive and senior advisor to a broad range of public sector organizations. View full bio >>
Kathy Macpherson, Vice President, Strategy and Programs
Kathy Macpherson brings more than 25 years of management, policy and program development and evaluation experience in Canada and abroad to her role as Vice President, Strategy and Programs. View full bio >>
Michael Young, Communications Advisor
Michael Young joined the Greenbelt Fund in August of 2018 and to take on the role of Communications Advisor, as well as apply his enthusiasm and energy as Program Coordinator for Ontariofresh.ca. View full bio >>
Board of Directors
The Greenbelt Fund is dedicated to enhancing the viability, integrity, and sustainability of agriculture in the Greenbelt and Ontario. Our Board of Directors helps the Fund obtain these goals, ensuring the Fund’s policies, grants, investments, and management, reflect these objectives.
Currently, our Board of Directors consists of eleven members:
- David McKeown, Chair, Public Health Physician, Former MOH – City of Toronto
- Mary Lou Tanner, Vice-Chair, Partner and Principal Planner, Niagara Planning Group
- David Oved, Secretary, Owner, David Oved Environmental Communications
- Joyce McLean, Treasurer, McLean and Associates
- Ray Duc, Owner, Forrer Farms
- David Lindsay, Former President and CEO, Council of Ontario Universities
- Mary McGrath, Executive Director, GreenLearning Canada Foundation
- Heather Tay, Principal, Solve Consulting
- Danielle Collins, Economic Development Policy Analyst, Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- Franco Naccarato, Executive Director, Ontario Independent Meat Processors
- Susan McGovern, Vice President, Ontario Tech University
The Greenbelt Fund is a grant-making organization. Grant proposals are reviewed by our Fund staff and by an external Advisory Committee.
- Guy Burry, Chairman, Craigellachie Corporation
- Robert Campbell, Former Director – Food and Beverage, Direct Energy Centre
- Donna Dooher, Owner and Executive Chef, Mildred’s Temple Kitchen
- Brian Gilroy, Property Section Chair, Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
- Petra Kassun-Mutch, Founder and President, Eve-Volution Inc.
- Mike von Massow, Associate Professor – Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management, University of Guelph
- Phil Tregunno, Chair, Tender Fruit Growers Board
- Brendan Wylie-Toal, Project Manager and Business Development Officer, My Sustainable Canada