Webinar: Local Food Value Chain Coordination
On Thursday, September 20, 2018, the Greenbelt Fund will host a webinar in collaboration with the Wallace Center’s National Good Food Network initiative focused on “matchmaking” within local food value chains.
A value chain is a set of linked businesses who work together to serve their customers' needs while also addressing larger societal goals. In this first of four webinar series hosted by the Greenbelt Fund, we look at how a third party goes about the work of linking the elements of the local food value chain.
Presenters from very different contexts – one non-profit, one for profit – will illuminate the art of successful matchmaking within these local food value chains, enabling critical skills and techniques for effective matchmaking and tracking connections. Learn how to keep relationships strong and trusting by analyzing unsuccessful match attempts and knowing what to look for in a potential match.
Webinar learning outcomes:
- Illustration of local food value chain coordination as high value (low cost, high impact) activity
- Critical skills and techniques for effective matchmaking
- What to look for in a potential match
- Challenges and pitfalls of matchmaking
- How to track connections
- How to manage lots of relationships