Job Posting: Ontariofresh.ca Project Lead
Job Posting: Ontariofresh.ca Project Lead
Job ID #77922
Application Deadline: May 2, 2016, 5pm
Are you interested in leveraging online networks and technology to solve problems in the food system? Are you a natural systems thinker and problem solver looking for your next project management challenge? Are you excited by the growing social enterprise movement?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to join the Greenbelt Fund to implement an exciting food and tech innovation designed to assist getting more great local Ontario food to market.
This position will focus on the Ontariofresh.ca project - an online network and marketing service designed to help Ontario businesses buy and sell wholesale local food. The Fund is currently undertaking the development of ambitious new services for Ontariofresh.ca. The successful candidate will have proven project management capacity, excellent stakeholder relations skills, and experience implementing or managing complex online applications.
Scope of Work
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of the project, reporting to the Program Manager and working closely with the VP Research and Policy, the CEO and other Fund team members. Responsibilities include:
- Project manage the development, implementation and marketing of new services on Ontariofresh.ca, while managing the ongoing maintenance of the current iteration of the website
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships and solicit investment in Ontariofresh.ca’s new services
- Test and quality assure all aspects of Ontariofresh.ca’s technological functionality for both ongoing maintenance of the current iteration and new features and services under development
- Problem solve and manage the risks associated with the seamless integration of new services with the current iteration of the website
- Develop and execute an outreach and communications strategy for the recruitment of buyers, sellers, and distributors and carriers of Ontario food for inclusion on Ontariofresh.ca
- Develop and execute a social media strategy including engaging with existing and potential Ontariofresh.ca users on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Manage the News, Resources and Advertising content on the site including external bloggers and contributors, sourcing relevant content, and writing blog posts
- Develop the monthly newsletter and assist in the drafting of media materials in collaboration with the Communications Manager
- Plan and coordinate promotional/networking events and industry consultations, including the Ontariofresh.ca Advisory Committee
- Manage activities to evaluate the use and economic impact of Ontariofresh.ca
- Manage relationships with web developers and consultants
- Provide technical support and ongoing customer service to Ontariofresh.ca users
- Assist with grant reporting and other activities to support the long-term goals of Ontariofresh.ca
- Manage the design, development and dissemination of marketing materials
- Be accountable for the Ontariofresh.ca budget
- Conduct all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven ability to project manage all aspects of a technical or web build project from concept to implementation to evaluation (3-5 years project management experience required)
- Experience implementing or managing complex online applications
- This includes understanding web/APP application development, including E-Commerce, security, session management, web accessibility/usability, and best practices
- Demonstrated proactive planning, organization, problem solving, coordination and negotiation skills
- Strong marketing, communications and stakeholder engagement skills
- Skilled in the strategic use of social media tools: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Knowledge and experience working with Drupal and NationBuilder will be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience working with Adobe Suite, InDesign, DreamWeaver will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of food system and/or agricultural issues will be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license will be considered an asset, though is not mandatory
- Self-starter, energetic team member
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback
- A great sense of humour
This is a contract position to cover a maternity leave with start date in late May 2016. This position will be based in Toronto or Milton, with periodic travel inside Ontario. Salary will be commensurate with experience; please include your expectations in your application.
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining your interest and qualifications for this position no later than end of day (5pm), May 2, 2016 to:
Subject: Ontariofresh.ca Project Lead #77922
Please note, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.