Job Posting: Grant Specialist - Greenbelt Fund
Position: Grants Officer – Greenbelt Fund
Job ID #150301
Location: Toronto or Milton, Ontario
The Greenbelt Fund, a non-profit organization, supports and enhances the viability, integrity, and sustainability of agriculture in Ontario and Ontario’s Greenbelt.
The Fund delivers support to farmers and local food leaders to ensure more of the good things that grow in Ontario are being served and distributed through our public institutions, retail, and foodservice markets. Helping to overcome challenges and support economic growth, the Fund’s goal is to create systemic change to permanently increase the amount of local food consumed in the province through grants, education, policy, and networking initiatives.
As the Grant Specialist, you will work closely with the Greenbelt Fund Program Manager and other staff to execute multiple grant rounds, track and report on results, and contribute to other Fund programming. Responsibilities will include proactive outreach to stakeholders, grant management including claims review and performance monitoring, report writing, and making presentations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify opportunities and challenges for increased local food procurement by the broader public sector (BPS), enhancing the capacity of small and medium scale farms and processors to access mainstream distributions systems and markets, and enhance local food literacy
- Proactive outreach to the foodservice value chain working in collaboration with the Fund Program Manager
- Respond to enquiries about the grant program
- Manage all administrative files for the grant program
- Proactively assist grantees as required to meet their projects’ objectives and the program’s goals
- Organize and participate in grant Advisory Committee meetings
- Organize grantee meetings, workshops and other events to facilitate collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports and other reports as required
- Monitor grant implementation and document the results of all grant projects
- Work with communications staff to generate and disseminate success stories from the grants
- Conduct all other duties as directed by the Program Manager, Vice President, and CEO
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and energetic team member. More specifically we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years’ grant management and/or agriculture and food industry experience
- Demonstrated analytical, problem and negotiating solving skills
- Significant experience preparing clear and concise reports and other documents
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Proven ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven ability to establish and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work on diverse projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback
- Sense of humour
This is a contract position that will conclude March 2018. This position will be based in Toronto or Milton, with periodic travel inside Ontario. Please include salary expectations in your application.
Please email your application by Monday, September 28, 2015 to the attention of the Program Manager at:
OR send by mail to 661 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1Z9. Please include the Job ID and title in the subject line.
We will contact only the applicants we wish to interview.