CAAP Sustainability Call for Proposals
On December 1st, the Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) issued a Call for Proposals (CFP) to encourage projects that address agricultural sustainability in Ontario.
Projects funded through this CFP must address the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP) objective of facilitating the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector's ability to seize opportunities, to respond to new and emerging issues, and to pathfind and pilot solutions to new and ongoing issues in order to help it adapt and remain competitive. Funding for CAAP is provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
Sustainability is defined as follows for the purposes of this CFP:
- Economic sustainability - participants in the value chain have reasonable and equal opportunity to prosper
- Environmental sustainability - the industry conserves, protects and regenerates resources and is resilient to climate and ecological conditions
- Social sustainability - the industry generates goods and services reflecting demographic trends of the general population
- Proposal Submission Deadline - Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
- Anticipated AAC Board Review - April, 2012
- Earliest Project Start Date - Date complete submission is received by AAC
- Latest Project End Date - October 31, 2011
- Click here to read more about the CAAP sustainability CFP.
From Agricultural Adaptation Council